Everyone loves the idea of their horse getting the electrolytes and trace minerals they need from Redmond Rock, but it doesn’t always make sense to keep a rock on the ground. Redmond Rock on a Rope is a great alternative. Each 3-5 pound Rock on a Rope hangs on a tri-colored rope, ideal for hanging the rock in a barn, stall, or fence post. Tie it tight against the post to make it easier for your horse to lick, or give the rope some slack to create a healthy alternative to candy balls and other boredom busters in the stall. Outdoors, tying Redmond Rock on a Rope to a fence keeps the rock out of the dirt and mud, and tying it lower on a gate allows your horse to maintain the posture horses naturally assume when foraging. And, like every Redmond Equine product, you know your horses will get essential trace minerals and electrolytes in a natural blend only nature could have made.
Why Redmond Rock?
Have you wondered if your horse is getting enough minerals and staying hydrated? Here are 6 important points on why you should be giving him a good quality natural mineral rock.
1. Better Hydration: All horses need a trigger to drink. Redmond Rock will encourage them to drink and prevent devastating dehydration issues.
2. Electrolyte Balance: This is especially important for working horses that are sweating in their efforts.
3. Essential Minerals: Without these minerals, he may be unbalanced and struggle with habits such as eating dirt and cribbing.
4. All Natural: A hydrated horse is a healthy horse. The important balance of natural salt, minerals and water is vital to a horse’s health.
5. Lasts Longer: Redmond Rock lasts longer in the weather and will not crumble or dissolve in the rain or humidity like blocks tend to do. They may melt a little in extreme humidity.
6. Horses Love the Taste: The more he needs it, the more he licks it. And the more he drinks, the healthier he is!